Integrating Climate-Resilience Into Critical Public Infrastructure: Emerging Trends In Design, Risk Mitigation, and Insurance (Live Online Class)
$229 Member | $329 Non-Member
Credit PDH Credits:1.5
Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 1:30 - 3:00 PM (Eastern)
Not available for the live online class? Pre-order the On-demand Recording!
You'll learn how:
- Insurance companies use cat modeling software to model hazard, vulnerability, exposure and loss from climate change events—including catastrophic floods and wild fires --to quantify adaptation measures and assess mitigation efforts;
- Our nation’s critical highway transportation infrastructure is vulnerable to climate change. Case studies illustrate how CDOT is incorporating resilient design approaches in Colorado, and how forward-thinking transportation professionals are addressing climate risks.
- The expanding definition of resilience includes a holistic approach and nature-based solutions can maximize project outcomes.
- Local and state governments are responding to climate change by adjusting regulations and policies;
- Patricia B. Gary (Lewis Brisbois): Moderator
- Nancy M. Rigassio (AXA XL): Climate Change and Insurance: Evolving Trends
- Heather Paddock (Colorado Department of Transportation): Resilient Infrastructure
- Nicole Boothman-Shepard (AECOM) and Kelly Maiorano (Muller): Case Studies of Resilient Infrastructure Planning and Design